Jaundice - Frequently Asked Questions
- Jaundice is the primary sign of disorders of the liver and biliary system. Jaundice is characterized by skin that takes on a yellowish color, due to accumulation of the yellow-brown bile pigment bilirubin in the blood. The whites of the eyes can also appear yellowish.
- Are there different types of jaundice?
- Yes. Hemolytic jaundice results when bilirubin is produced at a higher level than the liver can process, which can be caused by a breakdown of red blood cells. Hepatocellular jaundice results when bilirubin builds up in the blood because it is not being transferred from the liver cells to bile (may be due to hepatitis). Obstructive jaundice can result when the flow of bile out of the liver is obstructed (may be due to gallstones or tumor).
- What symptoms can be associated with jaundice?
- * Yellowish skin.
* Yellowish sclera.
* Pale feces.
* Dark urine.
- What things can make it better?
- See your physician for diagnosis and treatment.
- Usually there is an underlying cause for which jaundice is a sign of the disorder (such as anemia, Gilbert's disease, hepatitis, liver failure, gallstones, or tumor). Your susceptibility to get jaundice or the underlying disorder, can be caused by an imbalance in your system. You can check to
see if there is an imbalance in your system..
- How do I prevent jaundice recurring?
- Maintain a healthy diet. If you take the Balance Analysis and find that there is an imbalance in
your system, you can generally restore balance through simple, natural methods that affect your food choices and
activity choices. You can do this by visiting an Ayurvedic physician or by ordering a Personalized
Report for Restoring Balance. These methods will help your body's systems to function correctly.
Find out if you have any imbalance in your system. This analysis
takes you through a self-examination, guided by AI software, where you examine yourself for signs and interact with the web application. Proper balance is the key to a long and healthy life filled with vitality. Start this FREE check now.
When you are done, please visit these other great websites.
Related Health Sites:
Information to Improve Your Health
Comprehensive Ayurvedic Analysis
Mind / Body Type Analysis
Ayurvedic Nutrition Guide
Health Improvement Articles